[mythtv-users] Remove damaged recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Aug 29 15:14:00 UTC 2017

On 29/08/17 16:10, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Brent,
>
> Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 4:52:28 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>

>> Recently had an issue with damaged recordings.  Thought it was just
>> bad atmosphere transmissions (All OTA recordings).  Turned out to be
>> a bad amplified distribution box.  Reset the power and things are good now.
>

>> Is there a way to find and delete them?  They show up in Mythweb
>> and think there is a database entry indicating this.  I've seen some
>> scripts dealing with this, but it's not clear if they work or if it's safe to run.
>

>> Any ideas?
>

>> Thanks
>
> In recordedprogram the videoprop field will contain, among possible
> others, contain the keyword "DAMAGED"
>
> They should show up in yellow in mythfrontend and I think they are
> marked for rerecording, but there I'm not sure.

Don't assume that everything in the database marked DAMAGED is due to the cause originally
mentioned, though. Sometimes I get recordings that are so marked and I struggle to find anything
wrong with them; others I cannot even open.

I wouldn't want you to end up deleting stuff that is watchable.

--

Mike Perkins