[mythtv-users] Just not getting ir-keytables?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 27 12:50:08 UTC 2017

Tom

I think you may have what I'd define as a 'workflow' issue.

My suggestion would be.

Once you have the remote working then open a terminal session and run
ir-keytable -v -t

Press every single key on the remote and make a note of what that key outputs

Now open /etc/rc_keymaps/'the keymap file you're actually using'

Also open https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Keybindings

So:-

Let's say when you press the Play key on the remote ir-keytable -v -t
outputs '00FC678  PLAY'

You probably want this to actually output KEY_PLAY rather then PLAY,
so looking at your /etc/rc_keymaps/'the keymap file you're actually
using' find the '00FC678 PLAY' line (yours will be a different value
obviously) and edit PLAY to KEY_PLAY.

save /etc/rc_keymaps/'the keymap file you're actually using'

CTR-C ir-keytable to kill it

reboot (I had to reboot as the bindings for the keymaps from
/etc/rc_keymaps/'the keymap file you're actually using' are set in the
kernel at boot time then, although this may not still be true).

start a mythfrontend session

using your normal keyboard navigate to a valid media file and start
it, then pause it.

now using the remote see if the PLAY button works as it should.

If it does you now know the principla is working correctly and it just
becomes a matter of 'mapping' the syntax of the keybindings correctly,
so reopen the /etc/rc_keymaps/'the keymap file you're actually using'
and edit every single button to give you the output you want it to
generate.

Here's an example of a chunk of my edited rc6_mce file

# table rc6_mce, type: RC6

# 0x800f0400 is usually KEY_NUMERIC_0 - same for all numbers
0x800f0400 KEY_0
0x800f0401 KEY_1
0x800f0402 KEY_2
0x800f0403 KEY_3
0x800f0404 KEY_4
0x800f0405 KEY_5
0x800f0406 KEY_6
0x800f0407 KEY_7
0x800f0408 KEY_8
0x800f0409 KEY_9

0x800f040a KEY_DELETE
0x800f040b KEY_ENTER
0x800f040c KEY_SLEEP
0x800f040e KEY_MUTE

# 0x800f040f is usually KEY_INFO
0x800f040f KEY_I

# 0x800f0410 is usually KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x800f0410 KEY_F11
# 0x800f0411 is usually KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x800f0411 KEY_F10

# 0x800f0412 is usually KEY_CHANNELUP
0x800f0412 KEY_PAGEUP
# 0x800f0413 is usually KEY_CHANNELDOWN
0x800f0413 KEY_PAGEDOWN

# 0x800f0414 is usually KEY_FASTFORWARD
0x800f0414 KEY_U
# 0x800f0415 is usually KEY_REWIND
0x800f0415 KEY_J

# 0x800f0416 is usually KEY_PLAY
0x800f0416 KEY_P

# 0x800f0417 is usually KEY_RECORD
0x800f0417 KEY_R

# 0x800f0418 is usually KEY_PAUSE
0x800f0418 KEY_P

# 0x800f0419 is usually KEY_STOP
0x800f0419 KEY_ESC

# 0x800f041a is usually KEY_NEXT
0x800f041a KEY_Z

# 0x800f041b is usually KEY_PREVIOUS
0x800f041b KEY_H

0x800f041c KEY_NUMERIC_POUND
0x800f041d KEY_NUMERIC_STAR
0x800f041e KEY_UP
0x800f041f KEY_DOWN
0x800f0420 KEY_LEFT
0x800f0421 KEY_RIGHT

# 0x800f0422 is usually KEY_OK
0x800f0422 KEY_ENTER

#0x800f0423 is usually KEY_EXIT
0x800f0423 KEY_ESC

Hope this makes sense and you can work through the correct mappings,
it's not that complicated, but it is very confusing because you need
to understand how the 'flow' is working before you can crack it.

If you need any further help just let me know.

Tony