[mythtv-users] MythTV not recognizing F13 via ir-keytables

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Aug 27 05:11:28 UTC 2017

On 08/26/2017 08:42 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> After my recent issues with lirc, I've been working with ir-keytables
> using my existing TIVO34 remote. First I was using it with a new MCE
> USB receiver. That worked, though it wouldn't recognize one key on the
> remote for some reason. Worse yet, the responsiveness of it just
> wasn't good enough to tolerate. I haven't mucked around with things
> like delays etc to see if that helps. In any case, my old serial port
> receiver actually works very well with ir-keytables, so I'm using that
> for now.
>
> One odd issue: I had a key on my remote setup to use the tilde
> character (~) in mythtv (mythtv's .lircrc) which I had bound to toggle
> VBI CC. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, ir-keytables has no way to
> map to that key(?). If anyone knows otherwise, let me know.
>
> I was just attempting to use F13. With the MythTV key bindings set to
> F13, that works with LIRC, but not with rc-keytables. I've verified
> with ir-keytable -t that the key is in fact getting picked up as
> KEY_F13, and the key binding in MythTV is set corretly, but it just
> doesn't work.

  When I set up my MCE remote a few years ago, I vaguely recall similar issues -
I could map a key with ir-keytables, but the mapping in mythtv/x server was
different/did not work.  This was probably some of my fiddling that I did with
keybindings to get things - find an unused mapping in the ir-keytables that also
worked with mythtv (that I could rebind)

  Looking at my existing keytable file, I see that I have keys KEY_F14 through
KEY_F18 defined, but no other function keys.  That suggests that those keys may
work.