[mythtv-users] Android TV boxes

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Aug 26 15:18:26 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-08-26 at 09:51 -0400, Steve Greene wrote:
> I'm seeing a wealth of cheap Android TV boxes on Amazon. Assuming
> they can
> run the Android mythfrontend client

Is the Android MFE client functional enough?  Last I looked, it
couldn't delete recordings.

If you really want to go the Android box way, you would probably be
better off with Kodi.  But you also have to engineer getting recordings
from MythBE to Kodi in a way that is useful in the Kodi context.  The
filenames on MythBE recordings are pretty useless outside of the BE for
example.  There is a Myth PVR plugin for Kodi but I have found it makes
Kodi pretty unstable and so gave up on it and just started having the
BE hand off the recorded programs to Kodi with a post-recording job.

Cheers,
b.