[mythtv-users] Just not getting ir-keytables?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 07:24:10 UTC 2017

On 25/08/17 23:44, Tom Dexter wrote:

> Maybe I'm just really stupid...but now what? How do I actually use it?
> My understanding is that ends up emulating a keyboard but how? Is
> there some other iteration of the ir-keytable command that facilitates
> that?

As a starter you could just start a terminal window and let it have
focus. For me, pressing a '1' button on the remote displays a
corresponding '1' in the terminal, same as if you pressed a '1' on the
keyboard.

Also, IIRC, X automagically picks up the new keyboard. Perhaps you need
to restart it for this to happen, don't really remember.

Cheers!

--alec