[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver with TIVO 34 remote?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:11:38 UTC 2017

As noted in another thread I'm having a lot if difficulty with the
apparent more of lirc_serial to serial_ir in kernel 4.12. I don't like
some things I'm reading that seem to imply that the serial remote
stuff could be going away(?). Not sure what to make of that.

If I wanted to move to a USB receiver of some kind (mce?), would I be
able to continue to use by existing TIVO34 remote? I'm hoping that the
type of receiver just affects the kernel driver, and that the actual
IR remote being used is an entirely separate issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tom