[mythtv-users] lose remote after upgrade to lirc-0.9.4c

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Aug 21 21:35:34 UTC 2017

On Monday, August 21, 2017 3:14:23 PM MDT Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 21/08/17 23:11, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > [mythtv 0.28.10 on Fedora 24]
> >
> > I just upgrade to lirc-0.9.4c and after logging a bunch of these when
> > lircd
> > restarts
> >
> > lircd-0.9.4c: Notice: /etc/lirc/lircd/lircd.conf.d/devinput.lircd.conf:
> >     devinput-32: Multiple values for same code: BTN_TRIGGER_HAPPY1
>
> This is just warning messages; in this case they can be disregarded.
>
> > I have no remote activities at all, not even the arrow keys.
>
> What's your kernel version?

Geez thanks for the super-quick reply!

I poked around a bit and looked at my pre-upgrade /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf
and changed

driver = devinput   back to driver = default

    and

device = auto       back to device = /dev/lirc0

    and renamed devinput.lircd.conf to devinput.lircd.dist

and after restarting lircd I got my remote back.

I'm running kernel 4.11.12-100.fc24.

For the future though, it seems that using devinput is "the way to go" and
lircd is deprecated. Is that true? If so, how best to transition to using
devinput and leave lircd behind?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca