[mythtv-users] mythexport/mythimport is compatible with MythTV 29

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 16 18:10:44 UTC 2017

> I have just checked the schemas of all the database tables used by
> mythexport and mythimport, and they have not changed between MythTV
> 0.28 and MythTV 29.  So my versions of mythexport and mythimport for
> 0.28 are fine for use with v29 also:
>
> http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mythimport.html
>
> I have also put a slightly updated version of mythimport on my web
> server (version 3.0.5).  The significant changes from 3.0.0 are:
>
> 1) Mythimport checks for sufficient free space on the destination
> drive and will not over fill it so that other recordings could be
> autoexpired.
> 2) Mythimport tries to change the ownership of the recording files to
> mythtv:mythtv and also to change the permissions to the same as used
> by recordings created directly by mythbackend.  This works on all my
> test systems, but I only have MythTV running on Mythbuntu, so I can
> not guarantee it will work on all systems.
> 3) The method of determining the hostname to be used for the MythTV
> database lookups has been adjusted to better cope with some edge
> cases.
> 3) All the useless warning messages from MariaDB that were being
> produced in mythimport are now suppressed.  With MySQL, there are
> still two warning messages at the start of mythinput that I have so
> far been unable to suppress.

Stephen says these packages will avoid the 'recordedid' problem which
hit me when using MythArchive native mode to copy recordings between
independent Myth boxes, but the packaging all looks ubuntu based.  This
was brought up in 2012, when it was asserted that the scripts-as-of-then
could be unpacked from the .deb format and used in other OSes.  I just
downloaded the packages and haven't noticed any  difficulty in reading
their contents in SL7 (el7 clone) - but have people outside ubuntuland
actually used them?   Were special measures needed to stop disasters?

John P