[mythtv-users] Configuring USB3 HDMI capture device non-HDCP source

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:57:21 UTC 2017

On 15 August 2017 3:08:15 pm Robert LeBlanc <robert at leblancnet.us> wrote:

> Before you stop reading, apparently my cable provider is not enforcing
> HDCP as I can view the video streams with VLC without the need to do
> any stripping or anything.

Maybe. Or probably much more likely the device is acting as a stripper all
in one.

... Snip...

> 2017-08-14 23:30:56.650376 I  V4LChannel[13](/dev/video0):
> SetInputAndFormat(13, NTSC) (v4l v2) input_switch: 0 mode_switch: 1

This looks to be setting the input format to NTSC.  I wouldn't have thought
that was correct. Did you set the card up as a digital card? After you
tried as an analogue card did you do a "delete all capture cards on all
hosts" to scrub the settings?