[mythtv-users] judder problems with nvidia 358.16

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 04:07:08 UTC 2017

On August 14 you wrote:

> Thanks, I only meant it as a quick status update before I actually fixed
> the patch which I wasn't able to get to as quickly as I hoped.
>
> I have updated the ticket with a newer version. Any testing anyone is
> willing to do would be helpful, I tried my best with the monitors and
> videos I have available to me.

Do you think you could write up a short description of the algorithm you
are trying to implement? Especially, what is selected for interlaced
sources? Maybe put it in comments? I believe the previous code chose the
matching progressive refresh rate and let the deinterlacer do it's job.

I will try to test the patch, but it would really be a help to know what it
is supposed to do. I will admit I do not have the time (or expertise) to go
through your code. It has been a while since I compiled a custom MythTV, so
it may be a few weeks, but I will try to test it out.

Thanks for this work,

Mark