[mythtv-users] judder problems with nvidia 384.59 work round

jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 08:59:18 UTC 2017

Related to the existing thread Judder problems with nvidia 358.16 but I
have raised this as a separate thread as it only offers a work round.

Recently bought a Nvidia GT 1030 which requires the latest driver (384)
and started to suffer from really bad judder.

Puzzled by the fact that other apps like Kodi were judder free but
preferred to stick with mythfrontend.

Guessed eventually that Kodi worked because it was using a fixed frame
rate unlike Mythtv which was attempting to dynamically adjust it.

So I am now judder free by not following the instructions in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree

Specifically

Fix the refresh rate before running the frontend, for Freesat or
Freeview in the UK the following works.

nvidia-settings -a 0/CurrentMetaMode="1920x1080_50 @1920x1080 +0+0"

Then in the “Video Mode Settings” page referred to in the wiki,
_un_check “Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback”