[mythtv-users] Audio issues - New Install

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 00:14:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Maybe you need to disable Pulse Audio... I don't use it, but I think it
>>> might override alsa.
>>>

>> This can be tricky to do in Fedora and I'm sure it's similar in CentOS.
>> I've found that:
>>
>> chmod -x /usr/bin/pulseaudio

I did this and this is what I got after a reboot

[mythtv at mythfe7 ~]$ alsamixer
ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

cannot open mixer: Connection refused

I think it's the permissions?

[mythtv at mythfe7 ~]$ ls -ahl /usr/bin/alsamixer
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 66K Nov  7  2016 /usr/bin/alsamixer

Should I be changing permissions?

--
http://about.me/adesai