[mythtv-users] Recording titles via UPnP

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Aug 11 13:24:44 UTC 2017

On 11/08/17 14:03, Dave Ulrick wrote:
> I have a couple of Blu-Ray players that recognize my MythTV 0.28 backend
> via UPnP. Folders are presented which list my recordings. However, the
> titles aren't very user-friendly. The title itself is shown but no other
> identifying information such as subtitle is shown. For instance, if I
> have multiple recordings of series XYZ, I see:
>
> XYZ
> XYZ
> XYZ
> XYZ
>
> I'd rather see:
>
> XYZ -- The Beginning
> XYZ -- More Adventures
> XYZ -- Here We Go Again
>
> and so forth.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Use mythlink  - see immediately preceding posts.  Put its results folder
in your videos directory and scan for new videos.  Or you can copy just
a few links instead.  And have an empty folder that you can link in as
an alternative videos source so that you can reset things easily.  See
yesterday's posts!

But I used to have to do this to get the files to play via upnp.
Nowadays I see several ways  of displaying the menu.  YMMV

John P