[mythtv-users] who do i contact regarding being blocked from accessing www.mythtv.org?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 14:58:02 UTC 2017

Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-08-08 at 15:14 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> In what way blocked ?
>
> $ telnet www.mythtv.org 443
> Trying 140.211.167.216...
> telnet: connect to address 140.211.167.216: Connection timed out

Curious.
Can you telnet to port 25 - I see the mail list is run on the same server.
And port 80 ?

Unrelated, but a while ago I got called out to a client who couldn't access things. Pings etc were fine, and after some work I figured that all connections to port 80 or 443 (but nothing else) were being blocked by their ISP. When I phoned their ISP they CS rep was adamant that there was no filtering in place, absolutely, none whatsoever ... then came a "um" from them.
Their billing system had had a hiccup on a public holiday, and although the customer had paid, their web traffic was filtered for non payment - but not properly as what should have happened was a redirect for all pages to the "you haven't paid your bill" page.