[mythtv-users] Separate Frontend - New Install

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 04:39:42 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Per Hatlevik <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> > And my video (H.265) files plays extremely choppy - as if I am seeing
> them via VNC or XMing.
>
> The gpu in a zotac ion does not support hevc which is what h.265 uses so
> it is falling back to software decode using the cpu and your atom is
> woefully underpowered! Give up on h.265 or use a different machine as fe...

UGHHH! I guess that explains the choppy video part.

Doesn't explain the audio coming out of wrong speakers under
setup/audio/test

Tried reading "man alsamixer" but couldn't figure out how to get alsamixer
to retain the settings once i do the F6/select correct card?

I do Esc, and go back to alsamixer to see it default to Card & Chip:
PulseAudio

Here's my /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
       type hw
       card 0
       device 3
   }

[mythtv at mythfe7 ~]$ aplay -l
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1
Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1
Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0