[mythtv-users] New Installation - Pref CentOs 7

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:41:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Ashu Desai <ashu.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie <
>> stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I did this:  yum -y install epel-release && rpm -Uvh
>>> http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/nux-dextop-r
>>> elease-0-1.el7.nux.noarch.rpm
>>>

>> I thought mythtv were on nux-desktop repo ?
>>

> Full Disclosure:
> Since I'm the package maintainer for mythtv on RPM Fusion obviously I
> would suggest using it instead, however, I have no idea as to the quality
> of the nex repository but it doesn't look to provide much in the way of
> infrastructure.
>
> Additionally, the latest package for mythtv in the nux repository is 0.28.
> It hasn't made it to the stable repo yet but I have built a much more
> recent version of 0.28.1 on RPM Fusion.

I have a working mythbackend (just managed that yesterday thanks to folks
here!) - can i change repository now?

This is what I seem to have: https://pastebin.com/rQ4PmJYU

> I would not enable both RPM Fusion and Nux.

When I enabled rpmfusion and disabled the nux-desktop, and tried to do an
update - i start getting errors:

https://pastebin.com/ZTX5ZJ3E

http://about.me/adesai