[mythtv-users] Brand new install - Mythbackend doesn't start

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:15:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/03/2017 09:56 AM, Ashu Desai wrote:
>
>> Here's the output of the mythfrontend
>>
>> https://pastebin.com/qEpdRCwW
>>
>> I do see this a few times - not sure why:
>>
>> CoreContext mmulticastsocketdevice.cpp:112 (writeBlock) -
>> MMulticastSocketDevice(:29): setsockopt - IP_MULTICAST_IF
>>
>> CoreContext mmulticastsocketdevice.cpp:112 (writeBlock) -
>> MMulticastSocketDevice(:29): setsockopt - IP_MULTICAST_IF
>>
>> eno: Cannot assign requested address (99)
>>
>> Tried it again
>>
>> https://pastebin.com/khsBSp2w <<<<------- See line 52 note the D (for
>> debug)
>>
>> Same errors - not sure if they are insignificant.
>>

> You're setting --loglevel debug. Which is OK, but it's not
> an error.

Thank you everyone who helped on this. I know I could have used Kodi, i do
have Plex as well. But i have been with this community for over a decade,
mostly reading and trying to grab some info about linux based on what
people do. One of the main reasons why I want to stick with myth.

I have more questions - but that's on frontend side now so will open a new
email so as not to digress here.

Thanks!

Ash