[mythtv-users] Using Plex video playback audio sync issues when using MythTV channel

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 2 23:13:12 UTC 2017

On 08/02/2017 01:46 PM, Ben wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>   I don't use it often but recently I played more with it and realized MythTV recorded shows being played back by Plex seem to have an audio sync problem.
>
> Is it just the plex transcoder?
>
> (I know - I might go ask the Plex forums next -- but let's face it -- the MythTV crew is sharp as a tack about issues like this.)
>

> my setup is recording through an HDHR4-2US (OTA) Tuner.
>
>   -Ben

MythTV recording files are MPEG-TS (MPEG transport stream). Other
players may not be designed to play this format well, and that may cause
your synchronization problem. I once solved this problem by running a
user job to convert the file to mkv format after recording. See below.

https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_mkv.sh