[mythtv-users] judder problems with nvidia 358.16

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 05:34:18 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>That would explain it... will investigate further ;)
>
> I believe this is the same issue in thread " Incorrect Refresh with Nvidia
> 361.28 - Long "
>
> Any news on this issue? The only workaround that seems to provide the
> correct refresh rate is to choose 51 Hz in setup instead of Auto. 51 Hz is
> 60p and works for most things, but I do have some 24p and 30p sources and it
> would be nice to have them automatically switch refresh rates.
>
> Something changed in the Nvidia drivers and it is clear they have not
> changed it back, as the latest drivers exhibit the same issue.
>

> Mark

Yup, this is an issue and nvidia is aware of it though they don't have
a viable solution yet.  They were able to reproduce it and have a
workaround but I've not tried it.  See the forum for details:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/898310/linux/352-63-regression-quot-noedidmodes-quot-breaks-custom-quot-modeline-quot-modes-ubuntu-14-04-/

I found that I was able to get the 340.98 drivers to work
correctly....  nothing after that.  Fortunately this was able to be
install on a 4.8.0 kernel.  Until Nvidia has a true fix I'll stay with
this driver.

Neil