[mythtv-users] Frontend starts with System Menu

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 20:23:12 UTC 2017

On 08/01/2017 04:13 PM, Andrew Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently set up a Raspberry Pi 0.28 frontend using the MythCenter-wide theme and whenever it starts the first thing it displays is a black “System Menu” with the options “Enter Standby Mode”, “Exit Application” and “About” over the main menu. When I close that menu it works correctly. How do I prevent that menu displaying at start up?
>
> Many thanks,
> Andrew

This is likely to be caused by CEC. The raspberry pi allows the TV
remote to control MythTV. If the TV system menu is used, MythTV invokes
its system menu. Possibly the startup process has caused the TV to
invoke its system menu. You can disable CEC if you are not using your TV
remote to control MythTV. See the following article:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Remote_Control_with_CEC

Peter