[mythtv-users] HDTV, Damaged on Schedule Direct Listings

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Apr 28 18:13:52 UTC 2017

On Friday, April 28, 2017 6:14:58 AM MDT Kris B. wrote:
> I think I know what is happening (at least in my system, and I am the
> original poster)...
>
> In mythweb it says damaged when the recording is upcoming.  As soon as
> it starts recording, it has the correct listing (no longer says damaged
> in the description fields)... And after it is done recording it is fine
> as well.
>
> The field that shows up each time that prior had said "damaged" is CC
> for closed captioning.  I wonder if Schedules is sending a weird
> character set for CC that mythweb isn't recognizing and that's why it
> says "damaged", but then subs its own info in at the recording,
> basically writing in its own information of the type of
> recording/program it is (stereo, HDTV, 720p, etc).

I have different behaviour, all with Upcoming recordings. A currently-
recording program right now shows (Damaged, CC). A variety of upcoming
programs show (Damaged, CC, Stereo), (Rerun), (CC, Stereo, Rerun), (Damaged,
PG-TV, CC, Stereo), or no () at all.

For me it's just a curiosity and maybe I'll give the MythWeb code a better
look to trace what's going on based on Mark's message from yesterday morning.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca