[mythtv-users] Smart TV hacks

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:14:17 UTC 2017

Hoi Dick,

Friday, April 28, 2017, 7:26:28 AM, you wrote:

> On 04/27/2017 05:31 PM, Anthony Giggins       wrote:

>                    > Speaking of weird Samsung issues, My current   samsung 4k screen
>                    > looses audio randomly (An older Samsung screen never had this issue
>                    > connected to the same hardware) from time to
> time                   and the only fix
>                    > is to disconnect power to the screen,
> rebooting                   the PC (hot or
>                    > cold). One of the guys I work with says it     probably HDCP related...
>

> Sorry ment to say rebooting the PC (hot or cold) does               not fix the issue.
>

>                    > Anthony
>
>                    Oh No, it's Samsung related. They do not follow standards,               not even
>                their own adapted standards.
>

> Yes, I think your right. Its a shame as their picture               quality is really quite good.
>

>      I've been following his thread with some
> disappointment/concern. I,     too, find the picture quality of my
> Samsung monitors to be the best     of any other brands I've seen
> (which, admittedly, isn't a large     set,) and none of it all that recent.
>
>      What display manufacturers are out there that support
> standards, and     also have very good image quality?
>
>      My references are a Samsung SyncMaster 712n (I have two of
> them) and     a Samsung 2333HD. Their image quality is superior to
> my ViewSonic     VG2030wm, and other monitor brands I've used in the past.

I have a Philips 32PFK5300, which is by my standards more then good
enough. At least they follow standards, have good support (especially
of course here in the Netherlands) and are reliable, which to me is
more important then the most perfect picture quality.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop