[mythtv-users] HDTV, Damaged on Schedule Direct Listings

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 14:09:20 UTC 2017

> I don't have any 'HDTV' cases. There is no 'Damaged' in any column of the
> 'program' table.
>
> The 'Damaged' comes from MythWeb: line 290 of
> /usr/share/mythweb/modules/tv/ classes/Program.php.
>
>         if ($this->damaged)
>             $details[] = t('Damaged');
>
> I changed it to 'Foo' and now the popup shows "!!NoTrans: Foo!!"
>
> The 'Damaged' shows for most, but not all, upcoming recordings and I'm
> trying to figure out what pattern there may be. I think recordings using newer
> rules are affected but I can't see any other clues.
>
> Very odd, though only cosmetic and curious.

Yes, that's correct. And $this->damaged is coming from line 203 (0x20 is hex for 32)
$this->damaged = $this->videoproperties & 0x20;

And $this->videoproperties is coming from either line 130
$this->videoproperties = $data[43];

Or line 188
$this->videoproperties = $data['hdtv'];

Depending on the surrounding if / else statement. But I must admit I don't quite understand the if / else statement "if (!isset($data['chanid']) && isset($data[0]))". It seems to me to be something like "if (no chanid) and (title)" but when would there ever be no chanid but simultaneously a valid title? Anyway, certainly I can control (on my installs) the description in mythweb using the program.hdtv field (ie setting program.hdtv equal to 63 adds "HDTV,Widescreen,AVC/H.264,720,1080,Damaged" to the description) so I believe mine is using the 'else' part of the if / else statement (line 188).

Following a different tangent. What do you get if you run the following three selects in mysql:
select distinct videoprop from recordedprogram;
select chanid, starttime, title, subtitle, videoprop from recordedprogram where videoprop like "%DAMAGED";
select chanid, starttime, title, subtitle, videoprop from recordedprogram where starttime >= Now();

Are the programs listed from the second select statement the ones showing "damaged" in mythweb? Does the third select statement return any records (recorded programs in the future).