[mythtv-users] Does MCC Still Work

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 25 11:04:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:31:50 -0700, you wrote:

>I am running mythbuntu 14.04 (0.27.6).  I rebuilt an old frontend from
>scratch, but when I try to run mythbuntu-control-centre, it is very
>slow.  When I try to refresh the theme packages, it times out. Looks
>like the URI that it is trying to contact is no longer there. Is that
>correct?  How do I fix this?
>
>Jay

Mythbuntu Control Centre is no longer supported, but it should work
reasonably on a Mythbuntu system up to 16.04.  It did last time I
tried it, just after 16.04 was released.  If you want to try debugging
it, MCC is a Python 3 program, so you already have all the source code
and can edit its files to get debug output.  In Mythbuntu 16.04 it is
installed as:

/usr/bin/mythbuntu-control-centre
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythbuntuControlCentre/__init__.py
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythbuntuControlCentre/backend.py
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythbuntuControlCentre/plugin.py