[mythtv-users] completely disabling metadata lookup

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 23 00:37:36 UTC 2017

On 13/04/17 07:25, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:07:41 PM MDT Mark Perkins wrote:
>> On 13 April 2017 3:47:50 AM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
>>> How do I completely disable metadata lookup? I've turned it off in the
>>> backed and all my recording rules but every time I use MythWeb to
>>> schedule a recording I get these logged:
>>>
>>> Apr 12 12:13:00 tv mythbackend: 2017-04-12 12:13:00.658529 I  Running
>>> Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a CA -M
>>> NHL Hockey Apr 12 12:13:00 tv mythbackend: 2017-04-12 12:13:00.909382 I
>>> Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a CA -M
>>> NHL Hockey
>>>
>>> Do I need to empty both of these scripts to make them do nothing?
>> Lookup is probably still enabled in the default template. In mythfrontend
>> go manage recordings then recording rules and search for Default (Template)
>> and disable the metadata lookup job there.
> Thanks. Automatically Look Up Metadata is unselected, and Metadata Options on
> the prior screen is greyed out, so it looks like my MythWeb-set settings are
> correct.

Interesting. Not sure what to check next. Are you using a different
template to the default one?

So just to confirm, in mythweb you go to 'listings', then select (left
click) a program. In the bottom right of the program page in the 'post
processing' box 'Look Up Metadata' is unchecked but when you actually
create the recording (say hit the radio button for 'record only this
showing' up the top right then 'update recording settings' down the
bottom) it still creates the metadata lookup job?