[mythtv-users] unstable backend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:25:20 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 07:10 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> https://pastebin.com/Mn5TL6Ws

FYI only:
Line 64 is commented out, which means Restart is set to the default
which is "no". Not the cause of this problem, but you could use the
other options in that file for Restart.

> The only logging seems to be the logs that go into /var/log/mythtv/

That's correct (for backend logging) based on line 61 in the paste:
--logpath /var/log/mythtv.

> The logging there seems to be fine, that is how Greg discovered that
> systemd is killing mythbackend with PID1 (which I am trying to discovery
> what it is).

Understood. I thought understanding where the backend logging was going
would be a hint about the journal issue - but no.

> When I use the command  journalctl --full --no-pager --unit
> mythbackend.service I get a ton of logging information, but it ends in
> October 2016.  Here are the last two lines:
> Oct 20 08:47:37 Mythbox mythbackend[10381]: 2016-10-20 08:47:37.276062 C
> Upgrading to MythTV schema version 1327
> Failed to get journal fields: Bad message

Just Googling for the last line above returns:

     http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?s=cc32fbde6f67e1e04015ef46970554d7&p=1769874#post1769874

I've never had the issue, but I'm on *buntu. Use the
solution at your own risk.

--
Bill