[mythtv-users] [SOLVED-ish] Thinking of moving on from MythTV ... I found the main problem, but still have 292e woes

Andre MythTV mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 11:14:05 UTC 2017

> No, nothing found at all.
>
> Unplugged the 292e, and plugged one of the old SD tuners in (same USB port and same aerial cable), deleted all tuners from MythTV again, added the new one and the scan worked fine.
>
> MythTV can see the tuner, but a scan produces nothing.

I vaguely recall that a firmware blob is required, usually provided in an ubuntu package

try this:

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree linux-firmware

reboot or unplug replug the tuner and try again.

There will also be a line in dmesg if the tuner can’t find the firmware.

Andre

PS I do have a T292e, I was just being lazy with the e