[mythtv-users] Are there Memory leaks in 0.28 Mythfrontend?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 17:11:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <
> gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> In which case you should be able to do a git bisect.
> >> Which is likely the best way to identify the issue.
>
> > Can my backend stay on the current version while I try out other
> versions of
> > 0.28 on the frontend (same machine in this case).  There are very few
> times
> > it is not recording.  I have never tried these things.
>
> The stated goal is that there are no schema changes
> in the same version, so it may be possible, but within
> a version there may be library header changes that
> would force one to update both the libraries and the
> rest of the binaries all together to keep them running.
>
> However, if you have another system available it
> should also be possible (and likely easier to insure
> no badness results) to install a frontend on that system,
> leaving your current installation in a fully operating
> mode.

I will pull out an old ION from the closet then.  This machine is actually
on my TV and the only one in the house running mythfrontend any longer.  I
converted all others to nVidia shields and Kodi for the frontend, but I
just cannot get away from mythfrontend for my use due to the comm skipping.

I'll throw something together this weekend and watch the memory usage.