[mythtv-users] Are there Memory leaks in 0.28 Mythfrontend?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 23:03:27 UTC 2017

Hoi Greg,

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
 >> 10 days in, my machine OOM'ed mythfronend - it was hogging 10GB ram when it
 >> happened.  The previous 0.28 version (I do not have the specifics of
 >> version) did not have this issue.  It ran for over a month with no issues -
 >> well, at least it did not OOM.
>
>  In which case you should be able to do a git bisect.
>  Which is likely the best way to identify the issue.

> Yes, that is possible.  I'm going to feel like an idiot now, but....

> I have not built mythtv since ~2011

> Can my backend stay on the current version while I try out other
> versions of 0.28 on the frontend (same machine in this case).  There
> are very few times it is not recording.  I have never tried these things..

Yes, as long as you stay with the same major version. So no 0.27
frontend on a 0.28 backend. I never synchronize updating my backend
and my several frontends, so they rarely are all on exactly the same
sub-version.
That said, it would be difficult, although probably not impossible to
run a different frontend sub-version on the machine running the
backend.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven