[mythtv-users] worth upgrading to 0.28?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:22:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is probably worth noting (as I understand it) that fixes/0.27 is essentially unsupported as support I believe is given to head and head minus 1. S

After a short settling in period after a new release, that is the
theory, although the -2 revision has often gotten a last kicker
patchset a short time after the -1 revision to pull in specific fixes.
And the devs have applied critical fixes even further back when
some upstream forces the issue.

I believe the term at this point for fixes/0.27 is "functionally stabilized".

In the case of fixes/0.27, I think the reason it has lingered with
tolerance support for as long as it has is that it is the last
revision to officially support Qt 4.8.  At the time of 0.28, not all
of the "usual suspects" distros that MythTV tries to remain
compatible with supported Qt 5.2 (yet).  I would not be surprised
to learn that that is no longer relevant.