[mythtv-users] Damaged recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 13:59:57 UTC 2017

Stephen,

Yikes, I wrote this a month ago and never sent it, and you
probably found it yourself, but just in case...

Just FYI (since we last emailed), there's a simpler way,

     sudo -i systemctl edit mythtv-backend.service

The -i is there just to use an existing $SYSTEMD_EDITOR/$EDITOR/$VISUAL.

The directory and override.conf will be created automatically in
the proper place and with the proper modes.

On 03/05/2017 07:40 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> In Mythbuntu, if you want to create an override file for the
> /lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service file, you need to create a
> new subdirectory (chown root:root, chmod u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx):

Bill