[mythtv-users] Ortek VRC-1100 IR receiver on Gentoo

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 00:02:30 UTC 2017

On 04/05/2017 06:31 PM, mythtv wrote:
> Ok, I have the udev rules in place, and irremote0 and irremote1 show
> up under /dev/input.  They are linked to input2 and input4. But when
> Itry to test them with ir-keytable -d /dev/input/event2 -t I get
> nothing.  I'm using a different remote, could that be the problem? Its
> an MCE remote but not the one that came with the receiver.
If you just plug the remote in, open a terminal and press a few keys on
the remote you should see it echoing them as if it was a keyboard. It
does not use ir-keytable, as far as linux is concerned the remote is a
keyboard and a mouse.

I literally plug it in and use it, no changes at all to anything, and I
test it in a bash session. The number keys should echo numbers, play
should echo P and so on.

Does yours not work like this?

Peter