[mythtv-users] .28/fixes mythfrontend seg fault

Kevin Calvert kevin at eleventhree.com
Sun Apr 2 14:25:14 UTC 2017

Any idea on debugging this? I get a segmentation fault when launching
myhtfrontend on the latest pull from the .28/fixes branch.

lr at lr:~$ mythfrontend  --loglevel=debug > frontend.log

Handling Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Attached is the frontend.log. There's really no details in it, though.

It's a weird one. Nothing changed, knowingly. I also tried trashing the
partitions and starting over again only to wind up with the same results.

On the other frontends in my house, everything is still working fine.
Unfortunately this is the frontend for my main tv so it's the most
noticeable. I have a script that does apt-get upgrade's and also does a git
pull on mythtv, before actually launch mythfrontend, when the frontend
restarts--and this happened after the latest restart.

I haven't restarted the other frontends yet to kick off this same process,
so I guess there's a possibility that something with the apt-get (I'm
running a plain vanilla xubuntu 16.04.2 install on the frontends) upgrades
and/or the mythtv pull is causing it not to play nice.

Any help is obviously greatly appreciated.