[mythtv-users] Eject DVD "No devices to eject" Media Monitor

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Sep 26 11:44:03 UTC 2016

On 24/09/16 06:11, Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> That's the message I get having just played a DVD (you know them old
>>> round
>>
>>> shiny things).
>>>
>>> Also I get nothing displayed anywhere to play an audio CD that is
>>> inserted, even though it reads it OK on "Import CD" - also can't eject
>>> it.
>>>
>>> ssh from a remote PC and the command line 'eject' works fine.
>>>
>>> I've put in the stuff detailed in
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Media_Monitor_udev_Configurati

>>> Robin Gilks
>>
>> I had this problem with 14.04.    See:
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11699
>>
>> It was fixed by sudo apt-get install udisks
>
> Hi
>
> I'd already found this ticket in my searches but 16.04 uses udisk2 and the
> 0.28 frontend was supposed to have been rewritten to make use of the new
> interface.

Nope, it's not been rewritten to use the new interface.
We ran out of time, so now it detects udisks2 and gives up quickly
rather than spending 10 seconds waiting for udisks1 to come online
which it will never do.

Sadly the udisks2 api is completely different to udisks1, so it needs
a full rewrite :(

Regards
Stuart