[mythtv-users] Eject DVD "No devices to eject" Media Monitor

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 24 14:32:42 UTC 2016

On 24/09/16 06:11, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> I had this problem with 14.04.    See:
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11699
>>
>> It was fixed by sudo apt-get install udisks
>
> Hi
>
> I'd already found this ticket in my searches but 16.04 uses udisk2 and the
> 0.28 frontend was supposed to have been rewritten to make use of the new
> interface.
>
> So still stcuk - can play DVDs but not eject them, can rip CDs but not
> play or eject them!!

Some bits of the frontend do use udisks2 (screensaver) but the 'Media
Monitor' (CD/DVD/USB sticks mounting/ejecting etc) doesn't yet.
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12307

Note that udisks doesn't replace or conflict with udisks2, despite the
names. It's possible to have both installed/working side-by-side.