[mythtv-users] Resolving transaction errors updating to mythTV 26.1 on CentOS

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:11:29 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 16:45 -0500, Ben wrote:
> Alas, it looks like 0.26.1 is the latest RPM available to "install
> and go"
>
> (someone please correct me if that's not the case?)

The newest packages for CentOS at rpmfusion are 0.26.1. Looking at http
://rpm.pbone.net I see there are CentOS packages for 0.27 at http://www
.li.nux.ro/repos.html. Otherwise you need to move to Fedora or another
distro if you want newer pre-built RPMs.

Personally I run mythtv on Fedora using the rpmfusion packages and
Richard Shaw has done a great job of keeping the packages updated.

	Jon