[mythtv-users] SD UK - "To be announced" data in listings

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 19:39:58 UTC 2016

-----Original message-----
From:Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>
Sent:Fri 23-09-2016 10:03
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] SD UK - "To be announced" data in listings
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On 23/09/16 08:07, Simon Hobson wrote:
> I definitely still have something odd going on.
> I have some listings data going forward for 21 days.
> BBC2 is showing data going about 14 days.
> But most of the main TV channels are down to just 7 days of data with a further week of "To Be Announced" which was in there before I started filtering it.
>
> One thought is to manually remove all the TBA entries from the database - I assume this is just "delete from <some table> where title = 'To Be Announced'" ?

I am seeing similar to you on both my lineups UK Freesat and Freeview on
my main mythtv backend. A test backend is showing the same thing UK
Freeview only.

It may just be that SchedulesDirect have not yet had an update for the
main channels, I am not sure how often they get updated data from their
supplier.

I use the following sql to get a listing of "real" guide data remaining
for each channel:

select MAX(program.endtime) AS "Last_End_Date",
channel.name,channel.channum, channel.chanid, channel.xmltvid,
DATEDIFF(MAX(program.endtime), NOW()) as
Guide_Days_Remaining,channel.sourceid from program left join channel on
channel.chanid = program.chanid where program.title<>"To Be Announced"
group by chanid order by Last_End_Date;

Mike

As far as I can work out, most (all?) channel schedules are only updated overnight on a Friday. So, if you run your mythfilldatabase around 02:00 AM tonight, you should find that your listings are updated up till Friday 7th October. There are some channels that seem to have a longer set of results, up to 21 days in some cases, but these are not always complete (Sky Arts is an example).

Dave.