[mythtv-users] mythfrontend locks up navigating menus on raspberry pi

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 14:51:08 UTC 2016

On 09/23/2016 08:57 AM, jrh wrote:
> This is a raspberry pi 3.
> I am in the default theme terra, and the first example is going from the the settings to
> the theme chooser menu. The display stays with theme chooser, and doesn’t move to the list
> of themes available.
> Interestingly, the cursor re-appears, and I can’t give focus back to  mythfrontend.
> I can do an alt tab to see the terminal screen i started mythfrontend from.

I have noticed a bug to do with setup. This happens on all platforms,
not just raspberry pi.

If you go into setup for either theme chooser or appearance, and "next"
through to the end or select a theme,  next time you go into setup the
keyboard focus is lost. Using keyboard arrows has no effect. You can
click buttons with the mouse but they don't highlight. The work-around
is, if you go through setup for appearance or theme chooser, after
finishing the appearance or theme change, exit from frontend and then
start frontend again.

Could this be your problem? Does that workaround help?

I will write up a ticket for the bug.

Peter