[mythtv-users] SD UK - "To be announced" data in listings (was: only 4 days listings ?)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 15:05:01 UTC 2016

Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote:

> I recently switching from a fairly custom cron script invoking
> tv_grab_foo and piping to mythfilldatabase in favour of letting
> mythfilldatabase call the grabbers itself (which AIUI is the intended
> modern way of doing things, it's certainly less faff for me to
> maintain).
>
> This does have the downside that it is more difficult to inject things
> like a tv_grep into the procedure.

Well in my case it's "a tad" more complicated - my grabber isn't even running on the same system. Until I make time to try a few things out (like the perlbrew approach you've mentioned before), I fire up a small VM on my laptop to run the grabber, scp the xml file to my backend, and then import it there. My backend is "rather old" and the perl version is too old for the sd grabber - this was the easiest way to get it working given the very short time between the Radio Times feed turning off and having the new sd XML grabber.