[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:35:06 UTC 2016

Hoi Michael,

> On 09/19/2016 04:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> I thought I had solved this problem by including the following in my
>> daily listings cleanup script:
>>
>> # Force duplicate matching to rely on title, subtitle, description (or
>> whatever
>> # is set in the recording rule) by getting rid of program IDs which are not
>> # consistent between listings sources.
>> update program set programid="";

> BTW, if your program IDs are done correctly, this is not required (it's
> actually a bad thing).  If the program IDs specify an authority (i.e.
> they include a '/', making it an ID in the form "authority/ID"), the ID
> is only used for comparison against other programs with the same
> authority.  And, every listings source should use a different
> authority.  Please check to see if your IDs (when inserted into MythTV's
> database) contain an authority.  If not, I think they will if you have a
> default authority in dtv_multiplex (for EIT-using channels) and/or
> channel (for XMLTV-using channels). Just make sure the authority is
> different for each different source of program IDs (and same for each
> individual source of program IDs).

> Mike

A question. My progids get generated by MythTV and they do not contain
such an autority. I'm wondering if that authority is derived from the
by the xmltv standard advised extension on xmltvids? I do not use
those extension but I could enable them.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop