[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 20 14:19:25 UTC 2016

On 09/20/2016 10:13 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 09:14 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/19/2016 04:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>>> I thought I had solved this problem by including the following in my
>>> daily listings cleanup script:
>>>
>>> # Force duplicate matching to rely on title, subtitle, description (or
>>> whatever
>>> # is set in the recording rule) by getting rid of program IDs which are not
>>> # consistent between listings sources.
>>> update program set programid="";
>> BTW, if your program IDs are done correctly, this is not required (it's
>> actually a bad thing).  If the program IDs specify an authority (i.e.
>> they include a '/', making it an ID in the form "authority/ID"), the ID
>> is only used for comparison against other programs with the same
>> authority.  And, every listings source should use a different
>> authority.  Please check to see if your IDs (when inserted into MythTV's
>> database) contain an authority.  If not, I think they will if you have a
>> default authority in dtv_multiplex (for EIT-using channels) and/or
>> channel (for XMLTV-using channels). Just make sure the authority is
>> different for each different source of program IDs (and same for each
>> individual source of program IDs).
> Does this mean that my programids of the form "SH[0-9]*" and "EP[0-9]*"
> (which come from xmltv and are most of them) are wrong and should have
> a prefix of some sort?

You don't need a program ID authority if all of your program IDs come
from (and "will always come from") the same source (and that source will
always use the same IDs for the same shows).  Since Jan has different
sources for program IDs, and those different sources use different IDs
for a given episode, authorities would be very good for the setup.

Mike