[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR 500 PCI express

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 15 01:45:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 00:40:31 +0000, you wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:07 AM, Andrew Stadt <acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:
>
>> If you like you're 500, any reason you can't use a converter/daughter card?
>
>Because the PVR500 is not a low profile card?
>(at least the PVR500 that I recall is a full height
>card).

There are variations of that sort of PCIe x1 to PCI card that use a
cable to plug in to the PCIe slot and can be put in some sort of
external enclosure with the PCI card.  There is usually a way to get
the cable out the back of most PCs, if you can get one with a long
enough cable.  Here is an example, but I think this cable is bit too
short:

https://linitx.com/product/pcie-x1-to-pci-adapter-9cm-cable/13204

And you can buy a multi PCI card enclosure with a PCIe x1 cable, but I
think they are pretty expensive.