[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to database.

Forum forum-da at padaba.de
Tue Sep 13 20:50:00 UTC 2016

Am 13.09.2016 um 12:41 schrieb Roger Siddons:
> On 13/09/16 06:04, Forum wrote:

> <snip>
>

>> If I try to login to mysql from command line, I get an Error:
>> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
>> password: YES)
>>

> Why Myth 0.27 rather than 0.28 ?
>
> If you really want 0.27 then at least use 0.27.6 from the Mythbuntu
> ppa (see link)
>
> If Mint is using 0.27.0 from the Ubuntu repository then you may be
> suffering from the packaging bug discussed here:
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1189

@Mike Perkins:
I've checked if mysql is running, so tried:
ps -a | grep mysql
--> But nothing happens. There was no output. I just got a new prompt line.

@Roger Siddons:
I've followed the link you provided and came to a neat help page. But
when I executed the first line
|mysql -p -u root mythconverg
I received an Error: ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'mythconverg'

The next step was to check the login credentials: |

 1. /etc/mythtv/config.xml for the backend
 2. /home/<user>/.mythtv/config.xml for the frontend

But both config.xml files have same host, username, password and port.