[mythtv-users] Apropos To The Recent Comcast STB Thread

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Sep 9 16:53:45 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> I hope this can fit into Myth somehow.
>
> We are currently in the various hype cycles
> of the proposals (which is important for
> click counts).  Until things actually settle
> down there is no way to know the what,
> or when.  This is a case where the exact
> details will matter.

Unfortunately, all the proposals seems to be in agreement that the
existing copyright protection will be preserved (or some equivalent
level of protection will be provided).  Absolutely nobody who is part
of the debate is arguing that customers should be able to have control
over the content they rightfully paid for (i.e. don't expect anything
better than what you're getting with Cablecard in terms of appeal to
the open source crowd).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs