[mythtv-users] Mac Beta Testers Wanted

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 8 14:46:26 UTC 2016

I need a handful of beta testers for my new MythTV 0.28 all-in-one installer for the Mac.

New in this version, aside from the fact that it is 0.28 and relies on Qt5, NO COMMAND LINE REQUIRED to install the backend.   You just need to use mythtv-setup to do normal configuration.  No more cookbook-style Terminal commands to start the database and whatnot.

You must:
- have a Mac and HDHomerun tuner
- have current backups in case something goes horribly wrong.
- be running OS X 10.9 or later.  Earlier OS versions are no longer supported.

I would like 6-10 beta testers.  A few installing on a virgin system and a few upgrading from 0.27.  A range of machine types and OS versions would be ideal.

I *think* I'm nearly ready with a beta installer package—hopefully tomorrow (Friday).  Middle of next week at the latest.

Please reply directly if you are interested in helping.

Craig
PS MythWeb still requires manual setup but the new Web Frontend works out of the box.