[mythtv-users] Annoying shutdown problem

David Cunningham ml at upsilon.org.uk
Tue Sep 6 07:09:08 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-06 03:07, Joseph Fry wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016, 10:02 PM Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Just taking a shot in the dark here, but try putting an ampersand (&)
> at the end of the command?
>
> Perhaps it's irexec itself that's preventing the shutdown because it's
> waiting for the shutdown command to complete?  Putting an ampersand in
> would cause the shutdown to happen in the background and irexec would
> be free to shutdown cleanly.
>
> Alternately, use "shutdown -h now".... Which also exits instantly,
> after spawning a shutdown?

Unfortunately, have tried both of these already each with the same
result (actually I was not able to put an ampersand in the lirc config
file, doing so seems make the command fail to execute completely, but I
was able to call a script and put the ampersand in the script).

I've also tried unloading the imon module on shutdown (as I saw an error
code from imon in the shutdown log) but again this made no difference.