[mythtv-users] /find_orphans.py crashes mythbackend

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 2 07:48:19 UTC 2016

On 02-09-16 07:29, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 06:45:15 +0200, you wrote:
>>> mythbackend `goes away`.
>>
>> messages has:
>>
>> Sep  1 17:31:15 recorder mythbackend: (process:29226): GLib-ERROR **:
>> Creating pipes for GWakeup: Too many open files
>>
>> Does that help?
>
> I have never heard of that problem before, but it looks like it has
> hit some other MythTV users.  Take a look at this thread to see if
> anything there helps:

# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27.6-27-g3783dc8
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20151025-1
QT Version : 4.8.7
Options compiled in:
 linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libfftw3
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libxml2

The rest of that thread is about another cause for this message.
In my case the running of /find_orphans.py as user mythtv crashes the
backend.
mythbackend should be able to handle 'stuff' happening.

Udo