[mythtv-users] Sound configuration

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Mon Oct 31 21:28:04 UTC 2016

Hi

I just got an old 5.1 amp with speakers that I would like to use with my
main frontend.

The amp has optical and analog sound input. I have a Nvidia card in my
system, connected to the tv over hdmi (video and audio).

I would like to use the 5.1 system only for watching dvds.

Is it possible to have two different sound setups on the same frontend ?

1 with sound over hdmi for live tv and recordings, the other one over
analog audio for dvds (no optical out on the mainboard, only 5.1 analog
audio).

Thanks in advance and regards
Yann Lehmann