[mythtv-users] Channel 7 recordings (Australia)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 05:38:16 UTC 2016

> In NSW, the channel that is listed in the broadcast metadata as 7 is
actually 7MateHD, so use this one in preference to the advertised 7Mate,
which is only SD simulcast.

> You don't get 7HD, so go with the regular 7.
>
> I'm also in Sydney (Sutherland area), and for me, channum 7 = 7, 70 =
7Mate HD, 76 = 7flix, 72 = 7TWO.

> According to Wikipedia, it's something to do with having 7mate in HD for
certain sports broadcasts (AFL). Some of the other states and territories
get 7HD on 70, but not NSW.

> If you have access to Mythweb on your system, this is an easy fixup in
the Channel Editor page. Make sure you update the channel name, callsign
and xmltvid. I assume you use Shepherd for listings download, so you may
need to rerun the configure option for that.

Thanks sorted now :)