[mythtv-users] OTA Icons

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Oct 29 14:34:24 UTC 2016

On 29/10/16 15:19, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> says:
>> If you use the Schedules Direct json service you get an excellent
>> set of icons automatically with mythfilldatabase.
>
> How do the icons compare to the Lyngsat icons? (Or are they the same?)

I'm using tv_grab_sd_json (in the UK) and my experience is mixed.

I don't like some of the icons supplied by SD, since they are drawn on transparent backgrounds and
can be difficult to read against the mythweb background.

A problem which might be specific to the UK is that there appears to be only one BBC Radio icon.
Thus, I have eight radio channels with the same icon. There are no local BBC Radio icons at all.

For Lyngsat, all the icons were correct and useable.

--

Mike Perkins